Wanna take a snap with a friend? You’ll need to hold on to that capture button to record everything. Such a downer! It would be nice to go hands-free on Snapchat, but the app doesn’t really have that feature for now. Well, it’s not completely impossible! Learn the trick and go hands-free on your snaps!
Manage your Device Settings
This simple trick starts with your phone. There’s only one way to go hands-free!
- Go to your phone’s settings.
- Select “General”.
- Tap “Accessibility”.
- Select “AssistiveTouch”…
And activate the feature.
- The Assistive button will appear on your screen. It will not be visible when you take screenshots.
- Hit “Create New Gesture…” to make a customized gesture for Snapchat.
- Press and hold your fingertip anywhere on the screen.
- Create a name for the gesture and tap “Save”.
- Go to “Customize Top Level Menu”.
- You can add your new gesture to the menu or replace an existing icon.
- Select “Custom” and press “Done”.
- You have added your customized gesture to the assistive touch menu.
Well, you’re ready to try snapping hands-free. Your video will be done in just a snap!
- Tap to open Snapchat.
- You may use either the front or back camera.
- Find your favorite filter!
- Hit to open your assistive touch menu.
- Press “Custom” and select the gesture you’ve created for Snapchat hands-free.
- Drag the Snapchat Hands-free button to the capture button.
- Snapchat will immediately start recording.
- It’s a snap!
The handy hack!
Who says you can’t snap without touching your phone? No sweat! Just create a gesture, drag, and then shoot. You know pretty well that this trick is not an exclusive secret. So if your friends wonder how you do it, share the handy hack!