Some people like having multiple Twitter accounts for anonymity or to separate personal and public accounts. Those who have tried it know that Twitter only allows one email address per account. However, having multiple email addresses is such a hassle!
Worry not! Through Gmail, you can register multiple accounts! Here’s how:
Create a Gmail Account
You can skip these steps if you already have a Gmail account!
1. Open the browser on your phone.
2. Go to accounts.google.com and click on “Create Account”.
3. Type in your first name and last name.
4. Choose your email username and password. Then, Click “Next”.
◘The email above is just a sample.
Verify Your Account
After that, Google will ask you to verify your account with a phone number.
1. Enter your phone number. Click “Next”.
2. Enter the verification code. Click “Verify”.
- Tap “Call Instead” if you’re having difficulty receiving the Verification Code.
Once you have verified your account, you can start filling out personal information.
1. Enter your birthday and gender.
2. Once you’re done, click “Next”.
- You will then be asked if you want to use your number for other Google services. You can tap “Skip”, and edit it later.
Create Multiple Twitter Accounts
Once you have your Gmail account, you can then start on Twitter!
1. Go to twitter.com and tap “Sign Up”.
2. Type in your desired username and your email address.
- Related article: <How to Create a Twitter Account: Follow the Trend>
Do the same process when creating a second Twitter account. How do you do that with only one email address?
Interestingly, Gmail doesn’t recognize the dot (.) or the characters after a plus (+) symbol as part of your email. On the other hand, if you add those symbols to your Gmail address, Twitter will treat it as a separate account!
◘ The email used in these images is just a sample.
- Make sure you don’t add any other characters to your original email address. Exception: it comes after the plus (+) symbol.
Check your Gmail inbox! See all the accounts you registered through the method above!
Luckily, you can just use your Twitter usernames to log in. No need to remember all your aliases!
Infinite Characters = Infinite Fun!
With this method, you can create as many aliases as you can. Sky’s the limit! You can be a public figure and still keep your real identity and personality secret to the world. And if you’re not sure your interests appeal to the general public, create a small community of like-minded friends!
More “alter-egos” on Twitter, more thrill, and more friends!