Twitter is undeniably the hottest social media app. With millions of users, it has been the best app for sharing ideas, thoughts, and opinions. It’s like an online diary, and tweets help you get things out of your head!
Sure, it’s fun when people “like”, retweet, and reply to your tweets. The feeling of being heard is important, but it doesn’t mean that it’s always safe. If you’re not comfortable with strangers getting inside your head, you can actually protect your tweets! Set your Twitter account to private and express more freely!
Set Your Account to Private
- Tap to open the app.
- Tap “Log in“.
- Input your login details and then press “Log in”.
3. In the home page, tap the profile icon on the upper-left corner.
4. Select “Settings and privacy”.
5. Tap “Privacy and safety”.
6. Tick the “Protect your Tweets” button to activate account privacy.
- The button will turn green when the account privacy is activated.
- Go back to the home page, tap the profile icon again.
2. Select “Profile” to check your profile.
- Profile is set to private.
- The lock icon beside your name indicates that your Twitter account is private. Only your followers will be able to read your tweets. Also, you can accept and decline follower requests.
New Twitter accounts are created every day, and most of them are by people you don’t know. Twitter is a great app to keep yourself posted with the trends and news, and your opinions and thoughts about them really matters. No one is stopping you to express and share, but if you want your thoughts to reach only those you trust, set your account to private. Tweet all day long without worries!