Ever since smartphones hit the market, web-based applications have evolved to have mobile app versions. One of them is SoundCloud, a service that enables users to upload, share, and listen to music for free. It is a platform where up-and-coming artists can release originals and enthusiasts can explore away from the realms of mainstream music.
If you haven’t come across this app, don’t fret! We’ll get you started.
Install the SoundCloud App
Install SoundCloud on the App Store.
Direct Link: SoundCloud
Create your account!
1. Once you’ve downloaded Soundcloud on the App Store, the application will automatically open. SoundCloud will then ask for your permission to send notifications. Tap “Allow”.
- You can also choose not to allow notifications by tapping “Don’t Allow”.
2. Tap “Create an account”.
3. Choose whether to sign up via Facebook, Google, or another email address.
Signing up with Facebook
1. To create an account via Facebook, tap “Sign up with Facebook“.
3. SoundCloud will then ask permission to use Facebook to sign in. Tap “Continue”.
4. Tap “Log in with the Facebook app”.
5. A dialog box will appear. Tap “Open”.
6. SoundCloud will now ask permission to use your Facebook information. Tap “Continue as (Your Name)”.
7. Tap “Open”.
8. Tap the Age field to enter your age, and select your gender.
Signing up with Google
- To create an account via Google, tap “Sign up with Google”.
- Tap the Google account you want to use for your SoundCloud.
Sign up with a different email address!
You may also opt to sign up using another email address, different from the google account signed in on your phone.
- Tap the email field.
- Enter your email address and password.
- Finally, enter your age and gender.
Voila! Welcome to SoundCloud!
You may check your profile to verify that you have successfully signed up by tapping the Collections button.
Select the Menu button.
And then, tap on your profile.
By default, the display image will be your initial. Your full name will show up on the left-bottom part of the display image.
Now that you have logged in, start looking around! Pick your favorite genre or discover playlists on the Home Screen.
You may also look for your favorite songs or follow your favorite artist using the Search button.
Just tap on the Search field to look for your favorite artist’s name, song, or your favorite genre.
Lastly, track your listening! Tap the Collections icon, and scroll down to view and keep track of your liked and listened tracks, playlists, or albums.
Enjoy your new music!
Now that you’ve created a brand new account, you can listen to various types of tracks anytime, anywhere. Be it an indie artist’s “demo”, a Billboard Top 100 track, or even a podcast, you can find them all on SoundCloud.
Whether you are a musician or a music fan, you’ll surely enjoy exploring all corners of Soundcloud. Get yourself a breath of fresh air, listen to “uncharted” tracks on this simple, straightforward application, and expand your music horizons!