If you’re on vacation and you’re new in the place you’re staying, get out of your hotel room and go for a ride. Don’t worry about getting lost along the way because Waze is there to save the day!
There are several apps that could map out any places, but not all of us know how to use them. Say, you want to go to this interesting place you read on the internet by car or by foot. You’re new in town and can’t speak the locals’ language… Instead of asking around, wouldn’t it be nice to just have an app that will show you the way?
Waze is an app that will help you find the best routes to get to your destination. The highly reliable app was acquired by Google in 2013 and that just gives us more reason to use it.
Direct Link: Waze
Once you open the app, you get to see the map of the town where you’re at. Here are some important things you need to know and check on the map.
The red and orange lines will tell you the flow of traffic in that area. If it’s red, better stay away from that route and try another one.
You can see other Wazers near you. Just look for the Waze character on the map.
3. Your Location
The app instantly detects your location. Just look for the blue arrow on the map.
4. Fast Food
Hungry? Take a quick stop at the nearest fast food resto. Simply look for its logo on the map to find its location.
5. Gas Station
Low on gas? This app got you covered, as it also tells you the nearest gas station.
Create Your Account
Though you don’t need to create an account to use the app, it’s always better to have all your data saved! Creating an account helps you retrieve all your searches, planned drives, and scheduled events.
1. Swipe right to open the Menu.
2. Tap the profile picture.
3. Press Not Registered.
4. Tap Create Account.
- Sign up using your Facebook account. You may also register using your mobile number.
- Tap Continue as (your name). Your Waze account will be using your Facebook name as your username.
5. Account created! You can start connecting your Facebook Events to your Waze account.
Start Using Waze
Seat belt on? It’s time to use Waze to find your way. Just follow these easy steps and you’ll surely arrive at your destination in no time!
1. Type in your destination in the search box.
- Tap Search.
- The app will recommend venues with similar names near you.
2. Select your destination and tap Go.
- The app will suggest where to park. No need to drive around to look for one!
3. Press Go now and start driving!
- The app will tell you how long will it take for you to reach your destination and your estimated time of arrival.
4. The app will show your route and instruct you when and where to turn right or left. You’ll never have to worry about getting lost again.
- Get a top view of your route by tapping Overview.
5. Congratulations! You’ve made it to your destination. Tap Stop to end your journey!
Away from the Maze
Scared of getting lost? No need to worry about that when you have Waze. This app comes with a voice direction so it will feel like you have a human tour guide with you. You don’t have to constantly look at your phone as Waze will verbally instruct you when to make your next turn and suggest the best routes to avoid getting stuck in traffic. So sit back, relax and enjoy your drive!